Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Doggie Hospice Stew



Okay, I know this seems strange.

But my friend Candy posted about her dog that will be leaving the world soon. The dog was refusing to eat, which would speed up the dying process, so she found a recipe for this stew that would help keep her pooch fed and full and possibly borrow a bit more time.

You can read more about this story here.

So here's the recipe, should you ever need it. (Hopefully you won't.)


* It was written by a dog.
at Doggy space.com

8-10 cups of water
8 tsp of chicken base
6 stalks celery, chopped
6 carrots, chopped
2 potatoes, chopped
1/2 lb green beans, cut in 1 inch pieces
leftover chicken or turkey, about 2-3 cups
dash of thyme
handful of parsley
8 oz of egg noodles.

Then she cooked and cooked and cooked it til the veggies were real soft, and added 1/2 c flour mixed with 1/3 c water to thicken it.

She takes about a cup or so, adds my kibble to my dish, and puts a little warm water in it and lets it sit for a few minutes so the kibble gets soft. And I eat like a pig! Literally, she washes the wall and floor when I'm done. But I don't have much control over my mouth anymore.

I never thought mom would give me human food, but this is good and healthy for me. Sometimes she throws in brown rice if she has some left over from her supper.

*yes, it can be consumed by humans as well.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, Sherri, Lucky thanks you from the bottom of his heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Lucky he's welcome.
    God bless him.

    ReplyDelete