Monday, November 20, 2017

Hot German Potato Salad (a re-post)


I love this sweet, tangy potato salad that goes well with just about anything. It can be eaten cool, however, you'd have to change the name, so why even bother?

I just made it this afternoon to serve with some pork chops. It had been awhile since I made this recipe. The recipe card actually fell out of one of the cookbooks I was getting ready to read, so I took it as a sign!

Yummmm...it just hit the spot. Score one for the signs!

It looks a bit "soupy" because...it is. But only because I had about 4 cups potatoes (I was short two cups) but we love the sauce so I didn't adjust the recipe. Yours will not be as soupy if you use the proper amount of potatoes.

So, here ya' go:

YOU WILL NEED:
5 slices bacon
3/4 cup. onion, chopped
2 T. flour
2/3 c. apple cider vinegar
1 1/3 c. water
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
6 c/ sliced, cooked potatoes

DIRECTIONS:

Fry bacon till crisp and remove from skillet- drain on paper towels and reserve 2-3 T. drippings. Cook onions in drippings until tender. Stir in flour; blend well. Add vinegar and water; cook, stirring until bubbly and slightly thick. Stir in sugar, salt, and pepper; simmer 10 minutes. Crumble bacon and add to hot mixture, then carefully pour over potatoes. Coat well.

*Can refrigerate leftovers. Use a double boiler to heat through when reheating.

Enjoy~ Everything in Moderation

5 comments:

  1. Oh! This is a family favorite...you've totally got me craving it now...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri it does sound delish!

    Happy Fall! ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wanted to try this Sherri! You make it sound so good. Thank you for your good luck wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always share the best recipes, thank you! =) This looks wonderful! ~Liz

    ReplyDelete