Sunday, January 10, 2010

Elsie's Light and Fluffy No Bake Cheesecake


My fantabulous Mother-in-law Elsie, is forced to bring this to every Murphy family gathering. It hits the spot perfectly after even a heavy meal, unlike the traditional heavier version, which I have also been known to fantasize about!

The "LIGHT" in it's title is not meant to mislead. It is not light as in fat and calories, but light as in - not heavy- this melts in your mouth!

Try it out .

YOU WILL NEED:

1 (3 oz. pkg) lemon Jello (or lime)
1 c. boiling water
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tall can milk,(Milnot) whipped
1 sm. can crushed pineapple, drained
3 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/2 c. butter, melted



Dissolve Jello in boiling water. Chill until slightly thickened. Cream together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Add Jello and drained pineapple and blend well. Mix graham cracker crumbs and butter together. Pack 2/3 of mixture on bottom and up sides of a 9x13 pan. Add filling and sprinkle with remaining crumbs. Chill several hours or overnight.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! No bake cheesecakes are so creamy, delicious and much quicker to make than the baked ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All this is completely fat-free, right? (Say 'yes' LOL)

    I'm actually here to cook the oven baked chicken for tonight's dinner, but gosh, you stumbled me on the current post, now I'll have to dive into that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When do you add the canned milk?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Aunt Lois makes this and it is soooo good. I've been looking through your site today and I'm drooling now. I wish I could just order some of these dishes up, right off the screen :-)

    ReplyDelete