Thursday, December 17, 2015

We're making memories...literally.


This post is from 5 years ago... it bears repeating.


It's Christmas Eve morning....most of my baking/cooking is done and treat trays are prepared to give to my neighbors. The house is all decked out and all of my sons will be home for Christmas!

This evening, my next-door neighbors and my family will once again enjoy our holiday tradition of exchanging gag gifts and treats, and my sons will (hopefully) spend the night and we will all enjoy Christmas breakfast together.

I host the big family dinner here (around 30 are expected) and we will eat, and laugh, and hug, and clean up spills and watch the teens and tweens roll their eyes at their parents and us "oldies but goodies"!

This year, we will enjoy an Italian Christmas feast.

Our menu is buffet style and will include Home made Spaghetti and meatballs (Tyler Florence recipe), Mostaciolli w/pepperoni, Fettuccine Alfredo, a big Italian Salad, garlic bread,Italian Cheese Ball, Italian Creme Cake, Italian Pizelle Cookies and a few appetizers, and of course, a vast array of Christmas cookies and candies.

If you scroll down through previous posts, you should find recipes you may want to serve at your feast!

Remember, though, it's not WHAT you serve but WHO you serve that matters!

Have a wonderfully blessed Christmas holiday and I pray for PEACE to all of you. In your hearts and in your home.

1 comment: