Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Cheater Version Homemade Cinnamon Rolls



As if you can't tell from the photo, this is one of the MOST DELICIOUS treats I've ever tasted! You will be SHOCKED at the taste, the texture and presentation--it truly tastes like a "from-scratch" recipe...and all it needed was a little help from a friend!

My friend Gail shared this recipe with me last Christmas. She brought the warm pan, fresh from the oven to my home for me to serve to my family for Christmas Eve breakfast.

It was a special time for us. My middle son had just graduated from boot camp and was home on leave. And Gail herself had just learned she had breast cancer, but was still going about her business, doing what she does best...cooking up mouth-watering recipes!

We share a love of food--and feeding those we love--along with many other interests, including writing. (Gail and her husband, Michael are the publishers of GOOD LIVING IN SOUTHERN ILLINOIS and GOOD LIVING IN WEST FRANKFORT magazines and I am one of the freelance writers.)

* UPDATE: She is now finished with her treatments and is doing very well. She has a great prognosis and amazing strength! I'm honored to be counted among her close friends.

Okay, before I start tearing up, here's the recipe you MUST try--you can thank us later when you WOW your friends and family!

YOU WILL NEED:

1 frozen Bag of Rhodes cinnamon rolls (12)
3/4 cups nuts-broken
*take out the 2 bags of cream cheese icing that comes with rolls (to use in another recipe later)

Spray a 9x13 pan with Pam.

Melt 1 stick butter and 1 cup to 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar. Melt in saucepan until it bubbles. Then add broken nuts.

Pour over bottom of a 13x9 pan. Take slices of rolls and lay flat in pan.
Let rise (about 3 hours if frozen-till they meet together)

Bake at 350 degrees till golden on top (20-25 min.)

Run knife around sides, flip upside down.

Serve warm.

Take a bow.

THANK YOU GAIL!

4 comments:

  1. Those sound scrumptious; however, I've looked for the Rhodes cinnamon rolls numerous times and can't find them. Where do you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found them at Walm-Mart in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found them at Schnuck's Grocery last night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love a delicious shortcut like this! I'd be proud to present these!

    So very delighted for your friend Gail!

    Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete