Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Easy Thanksgiving Sides- Asparagus







Bright green asparagus is the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving table. It's quick and easy to prepare. I never ate asparagus when I was younger. Now, I can't get enough!







ASPARAGUS
Ingredients

*Olive oil, butter
* 1 bunch fresh asparagus
* 1 garlic clove, chopped
* sprinkling of Parmesan cheese

Directions

1. Melt the butter  in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and asparagus spears; cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until asparagus is tender.Top with parmesan. If you like your asparagus well done, reduce heat and cook an additional 10 minutes.

Normally I serve asparagus in its natural, long-spear form. These are cut to be eaten easier by children.





8 comments:

  1. Great choices, always can use a good green side dish for my arsenal!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very delicious. I think that green beans are great side dish for most of main dishes. Despite the fact that the Canadian Thanksgiving was few weeks ago I think that I will try this recipe on the next occasion which will be probably this weekend. I'm looking forward to taste it. Thanks for sharing it.

    Good luck,
    Lorne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! It's Thanksgiving week! Love the side dish ideas. I'm fighting very hard not to make that Green Bean Cassarole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These would both be delicious additions to the table. Love the string beans with that little touch of sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see sides posted for the Thanksgiving feast. Appreciating all these delicious ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm inspired to go beyond opening the can and heating in the microwave! Thanks Sherri =)

    ReplyDelete