I am pleased to be giving away a one-year subscription (13 issues- a $19.95 value) of my favorite magazine, SOUTHERN LIVING.
Each month I sit back and enjoy their beautiful photos of some of the best recipes and gorgeous home decor that Southern hands can create.
I have yet to try one of their recipes that I didn't love!
So, I decided to share this treat with one lucky reader!
It's easy to enter:
*Leave me a comment telling me about your favorite magazine. (1 chance)
* Follow this blog (1 extra chance)
* Post about this giveaway (1 extra chance)
*Put a link on your sidebar about this giveaway (1 extra chance)
* Tweet this post (1 extra chance)
Now, be sure to tell me if you deserve extra chances and leave a link to your blog so I can find you.
This offer is good in the continental US only.
Contest ends on Sunday, October 25, at midnight (CT)
Winner's name will be announced Monday, October 26 by 9:00 AM (CT)
The winner's name will be drawn by the good old fashioned name in the hat method. SCOUT'S HONOR I will be honest and fair.
Winner will receive their first magazine 4-8 weeks following the announcement date.
*Southern Living is in no way involved in this giveaway- this is from yours truly.
Now, for the recipe.
I chose to share the cover recipe from the current issue.
MINI PUMPKIN CAKES
*Makes 8 pumpkins
* 3/4 cup butter, softened
* 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
* 2 cups sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* Caramel-Rum Glaze*
* Or Vanilla Glaze
* Caramel Stems, Leaves, and Vines (optional, instructions below)
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Stir in pumpkin and vanilla.
2. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Spoon batter into 2 lightly greased pumpkin-shaped muffin pans, filling three-fourths full.
3. Bake at 350° for 24 to 26 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely (about 30 minutes).
4. Cut rounded tops off muffins to make them flat. Invert top muffins onto bottom muffins, forming pumpkins. Drizzle Caramel-Rum Glaze over pumpkins. Decorate with Caramel Stems, Leaves, and Vines, if desired.
*Vanilla Glaze may be substituted.
CARAMEL STEM: Press 1 caramel between fingers, lengthening to 1 1/2 to 2 inches to form a stem. Curl stem gently.
CARAMEL LEAVES: Roll caramels into 2-inch squares on a flat surface, using a rolling pin. Cut into leaves, using a paring knife. Gently press tips of leaves to flatten, if desired. Score leaves, using a paring knife. Pinch bottoms of leaves together.
CARAMEL VINES: Cut 1 caramel into 3 equal pieces. Squeeze each piece gently to flatten, and roll between hands or on a flat surface into a long thin rope. Twist ends to curl.
Note: We tested with Wilton Dimensions Multi-Cavity Mini Pumpkin Pans. Only have one pan? Bake batter in two batches, washing and drying pan between batches.
*Recipe and photo is from their website: www.southernliving.com
*Be sure to check out more Blog Carnival Giveaways here.